Questions for “Right Relationships” 9/20/2020
Weekly Study Questions
- Have you ever been angry with God? Disappointed? What do you do about it?
- Creation is a mixed can of nuts. What parts do you like about it? What parts do you avoid?
- What would creation (the world) look like if you were to have your own way?
- Roman 8:18-28
- Read verse 18. Would you agree? When is this helpful? Not helpful?
- Read verse 20-21. What does this mean? Is Paul talking about all of creation or people?
- Verse 22-23 talk about the groaning of dissatisfaction we all do. Where do you groan the most?
- How is the earth groaning? What have we done to contribute to creation’s inward groaning?
- What do you make of vs 24-25? Do you wait patiently for what you have hope for?
- Read vs. 26-27. Do you believe this to be true? When you are without hope, do you think to call upon the Holy Spirit to carry you?
- Vs. 28. What exactly does this say? Do you believe this? Why is this so hard to see in the world?
- Do you find that your relationship with God affects your relationship with others?
- How do you handle disunity or disharmony in your personal relationship with God?
- How do you handle disunity or disharmony in your personal relationship with others?
- Can you recall a time that God answered your prayer in a way that you would never forget it?
- Who is somebody you pray for God to “fix?”
- What is it you are truly asking God to do for this person?
- And what does this ask reflect about the health of your own spirituality?